MYN products have been specially developed to meet the needs of athletes at the highest level of the sport, to allow them to perform well in all conditions. We select materials that will maximize your performance but that sometimes require some extra care in washing. If you have any questions about caring for a MYN product, please contact us. We will be glad to help.
Washing instructions are printed on a white tag inside each piece of clothing. Following these instructions will help make sure that your gear will last as long as possible. Careful washing and maintenance will ensure the highest performance from your MYN products and extend their useful life span.
1. Always read the care label before washing a piece of clothing.
2. Close all zips and Velcro fasteners and turn the garment inside out.
3. Hand or machine wash on a lukewarm permanent press cycle (max. 40°C / 104°F)
4. Use a small amount of liquid detergent, not powder detergents or any products that contain fabric softeners, conditioners, stain removers or bleach as they will affect garment performance.
5. Hang dry or dry flat. Do not tumble dry.
6. What is the DWR and how to wash it
Is a durable water-repellant (DWR) finish, which keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job. If the outer fabric starts to absorb water, the garment can lose up to 70% of its breathability as well as reducing water proofing. The outer coating needs to be replenished periodically to keep it from picking up water and dirt. You can rejuvenate the DWR finish by putting the garment in the dryer at low heat for about 20 minutes, or by ironing under low heat being careful not to melt the synthetic fibers of your garment. The DWR finish will wear off over time and you may want to re-treat your MYN product’s water repellency by applying a commercially available water-repellent spray-on DWR treatment by following these instructions:
MAKE SURE THE GARMENT HAS BEEN CLEANED PROPERLY Your MYN softshell garment could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. First, try cleaning it. If it is fairly new or recently re-waterproofed, the DWR will be revitalized just from cleaning. But once the garment has been thoroughly worn, you will need to restore the water-resistant finish using a spray-on softshell treatment agent. Make sure to clean the garment first.